In Transcending the Levels of Consciousness, David Hawkins offers “Simple Tools of Great Value,” asserting that spiritual enlightenment is not necessarily complex or the result of many years of study, but rather knowing and applying a few simple tools with consistency, and devotion to spiritual truth.
Simple Truths of Great Value (pg. 333-334)
- Be kind to everything and everyone, including oneself, all the time, with no exception.
- Revere all life in all its expressions, no matter what, even if one doesn’t understand it.
- Presume no actual reliable knowledge of anything at all. Ask God/Universe to reveal its meaning.
- Intend to see the hidden beauty of all that exists – it then reveals itself.
- Forgive everything that is witnessed and experienced, no matter what. Remember Christ, Buddha and Krishna all said that all error is due to ignorance. Socrates said all men can choose only what they believe to be the good.
- Approach all life with humility and be willing to surrender all positionalities and mental/emotional arguments or gain.
- Be willing to forgo all perceptions of gain, desire, or profit and thereby be willing to be of selfless service to life in all of its expressions.
- Make one’s life a living prayer by intention, alignment, humility, and surrender. True spiritual reality is actually a way of being in the world
- By verification, confirm the levels of consciousness and spiritual truth of all teachers, teachings, spiritual groups, and literature with which one intends to be aligned or a student of.
- Accept that by spiritual declaration, commitment, and surrender, Knowingness arises that provides support, information, and all that is needed for the entire journey,